“You know, a dog can snap you out of out of any kind of bad mood that you’re in faster than you can think of.”
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. Just like human beings’ dogs needs a healthy diet too. So, let’s talk about bananas for dogs. Dogs can eat bananas! Bananas, which are available year-round are the most desired fruits worldwide. Bananas are a rich source of potassium, fiber, and natural sugars that is wonderful for dogs.
Bananas are considered to be one of the most nutritional foods for dogs. A medium banana has 105 calories which is the best source of vitamins for dogs. Bananas are great for muscles that give you energy and provide vitamin B6 and vitamin C. vitamin B6 helps metabolize protein in the body & improve brain health. Vitamin C helps to reduce cell damage and boost the immune system. This means vitamins are necessary for the body to work properly.
Number of bananas to be fed
Bananas should be prescribed as a remedy. When you give it to your dog present them in a small quantity. Don’t feed your dog in the excess quantity as it can lead to sickness. The quantity depends on the age of your dogs. If your dog is medium to large size you can feed him about half of a banana each day. Whereas, for small dogs, you will offer only 2-3 small pieces per day.
Maybe in the starting, you find that your dog doesn’t like it, because some dogs don’t like it or maybe you find that his stomach getting upset. Be patient and feed him in a small quantity. In the beginning, you can serve only 2-4 pieces only until he doesn’t accept it.
Ways of feeding bananas
There are many ways of feeding bananas to your dogs;
Homemade peanut butter bananas
- Mashed bananas
- Peanut butter
How to make it
This recipe is very easy to make. First, preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Let this sit for a few minutes until oats absorb some moisture.
- Place a cookie sheet with baking paper.
- Turnover the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Press the cookies down a little and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Edges of the oats will be slightly brown when they cooked.
Brie’s bananas and honey dog recipe
- 2 cup water
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
How to make
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease to large baking sheets.
- Mix water, mashed bananas, honey, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl.
- Blend in whole wheat flour and baking powder.
- Beat dough on medium speed until mixture mixed well.
- Turn over dough onto a floured surface and knead it for 5-8 minutes.
- Roll out dough in a small piece with the help of cookie butter.
- Place this on baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let the cookie dry and crisp for 30-40 minutes.
Remove baking sheet and allow the cookie to cool for 10 min.
Effects of bananas on dogs
Bananas are a natural source of vitamins and potassium. They are a good source of vitamin B6 as well as micronutrients. They are high in fiber which helps in digestion and gastrointestinal problems. It is a nutritional powerhouse packed with energy and provide carbohydrates. Overall, it is a good choice for dog feed.
Bananas are also high in sugar so they should only be serving as an occasional treat not a regular part of the diet. A large amount of this fruit can affect the health of your dog. If u give it on daily basis then your dog can cause constipation so avoid it.
In the culmination, we may opine that offering bananas to your dog is a great idea because it is a healthy diet that can improve your dog’s energy levels. Just remember one thing that doesn’t feed bananas to your dog with its peel because it can be toxic and harmful for him.
Feed it moderately, too much quantity of this fruit can cause sickness. Feed this fruit to your dog in a different manner.
Take care to give it a little and combine it with other fruits. However, if your dog suffering to nausea or vomiting then concern with your veterinarian.