Here are the ten best anti-chewing sprays for dogs
If you’re a novice pet owner, you might be unsure about the value of the finest anti-chew sprays for dogs.
Since the majority of dogs enjoy chewing, the response is frequently yes. Like toddlers, they will put everything in their mouths and chew it vigorously.
Teething puppies may ruin shoes, clothing, and furniture if not properly trained.
Gnawing might be annoying when all of your favourite things are ruined. So, in these circumstances, an anti-chew spray can be helpful.
Using the spray to dissuade them with training can teach your dogs to chew less.
The top 10 anti-chew sprays for dogs are listed below to aid you in making your choice. Each of these has an unpleasant taste that most dogs would avoid.
Before applying an anti-chew spray on your dogs, you might want to ask your veterinarian if they are eating their paws.
There is a possibility that they may be biting due to more severe issues like fleas or allergies.
The reasons your dog might be chewing
Most dogs enjoy chewing. This is what they want, and they use it as a distraction when they are bored. As a result, dogs can choose from various chew toys.
Purchasing high-quality chew toys is an excellent option if your dog chews excessively.
Not all dogs, though, will limit their diet to toys. Some dogs acquire destructive chewing habits, destroying furniture, shoes, and other household goods by gnawing on anything they see.
Destructive chewing is often caused by stress or anxiety. Anxious dogs may chew, similar to how nervous people can bite their nails.
Chewing is simply a way for your dog to release the stress that may be causing emotional or mental distress.
Fortunately, your veterinarian can help with stress-related chewing issues, and trainers can aid if the problem is caused by boredom or a lack of training. An anti-chew spray might hasten your dog’s learning while still not chewing.
Are you concerned that your dog will start biting if it continues to chew? Get info on what causes dog bites and how to treat them.
The best anti-chewing sprays for dogs
SUPER SOUR ANTI-CHEW SPRAY, SKOUT’S HONOR
- DETER CHEWING, LICKING AND GNAWING: Our natural bitter, Super Sour! Anti Chew Spray is a safe and effective way to help deter your pets from habitual chewing,...
- PET-SAFE, EFFECTIVE ANTI CHEW SPRAY: Our formula contains natural ingredients with zero alcohol, for safe and effective anti-chew support, deterring your pets...
- An alcohol-free product
- A sour apple flavour
- Indoors and outdoors, it is effective
- Natural ingredients only
- Directly apply to your pet’s skin
Most anti-chew sprays are bitter about approximating those flavours because many dogs dislike sour meals.
The sour apple flavour of this Skout’s Honor product deters dogs from licking or biting inappropriate objects.
Even stopping them from licking their paws is possible with this method. It is alcohol-free and contains natural bittering ingredients.
Both your pet and your possessions are secure when using it. This odourless spray is suitable for use both inside and outside.
OUT! Bitter Cherry Chew Deterrent for Pets
- WASHABLE SURFACE SAFE: The clear, non-staining formula allows for extra protection from chewing and licking on your items, indoor and outdoor.
- HELP DISCOURAGE LICKING AND BITING AT SKIN: Deterrent formula helps discourage chewing and licking at your dog's skin, hot spots, bandages and stiches to help...
- It is stain-resistant
- Alcohol and chemicals-free
- Suitable for any washable surface
- It smells pleasant and tastes bitter
- You can use it on your dog’s skin
Some chew deterrents have a terrible odour, discouraging dog owners from spraying them in their homes.
Although this product has a bitter flavour, it has a pleasant cherry aroma. It is safe to apply on your pet’s skin, including bandages and hotspots.
Additionally, it is non-toxic and alcohol-free, so you won’t have to be concerned about your pet’s safety while safeguarding your possessions.
The potent mixture discourages licking, biting, and chewing, which aids in breaking your dog’s chewing habit.
It won’t leave stains on surfaces so you can use it on any piece of furniture.
Dogs’ Rocco & Roxie No Chew Spray
- EFFECTIVELY DISCOURAGES CHEWING Stops pets from licking and chewing skin, fur, bandages and wounds.
- TWICE AS BITTER The super bitter taste pets hate, thanks to our double-strength extreme bitter formulation. LONG-LASTING ALCOHOL-FREE FORMULA Works longer than...
- An intense bitter taste
- An alcohol-free product
- It works on all surfaces
- Pets are completely safe and non-toxic
- It is safe to use on dogs’ skin
- Cools down hotspots
Since most dogs can’t handle the flavour, the Rocco & Roxie no chew spray for dogs is a good option.
The intensely unpleasant mixture helps keep your dog away from undesirable locations and discourages them from chewing or licking household goods.
This product can be helpful if your pet tends to lick and bite their wounds or bandages.
To cool off heated regions, it even contains soothing Copaiba oil. It won’t irritate skin or leave stains on surfaces because it has no hazardous ingredients.
Gran Nick’s Spray Bottle of Bitter Apple for Dogs
- Discourages fur biting
- Eliminates hots spots to stop pets from licking, gnawing, and chewing fur, wounds, and bandages
- Pet-safe and non-toxic
- Discourages chewing effectively
- It has a pleasant fragrance
- It doesn’t taste enjoyable like apples
- Works on dog skin as well
While you concentrate on additional training, this Grannick spray can control your dog’s behaviour.
The bitter apple dog spray has been shown to stop dogs from chewing on all your possessions because it has a robust and repulsive flavour.
This product can be used on furniture, rugs, and even on the skin of animals to prevent dogs from licking their wounds. Suitable for all breeds of dogs, it is non-toxic and harmless.
Bottles that hold either eight ounces or sixteen ounces are available.
- No-chew Bitter Cherry Spray Dog Deterrent by Vet’s Best
Vet's Best Bitter Cherry Spray [Set of 2]
- Vet's Best Bitter Cherry Spray is a no chew dog deterrent that discourages chewing on household items
- Its non-stinging, alcohol-free formula is safe to spray directly onto your dog's skin to discourage licking at their itchy skin, stiches, or bandages
- It emits a pleasant cherry scent.
- These extracts give lemon extract and grapeseed extract their bitter taste.
- It doesn’t stain or sting
- Works safely on your dog’s skin
This Vet’s Best no-chew dog repellent has a delicious cherry scent that won’t foul up your home.
Additionally, it has a strong bitter taste that deters dogs from stealing your belongings.
Your dog will hate this spray since it contains components like grapeseed and lemon extract, making them chew less.
It is a formula without alcohol that can be applied to your dog’s skin without risk. The liquid is transparent and stain-free.
Bodhi Dog Bitter Lemon Mist
- Bitter lemon taste
- Contains natural substances
- Safe for dogs of all ages
- Works effectively anywhere
- Lasts long
Using the Bodhi Dog Bitter Lemon Spray, you won’t have to worry as much about your puppy chewing on inappropriate objects.
Any surface can be used with the spray without it being damaged.
The only natural ingredients in its preparation are lemon extract, which gives the product a bitter flavour that most dogs find repulsive.
Using it on dog skin is safe since it contains no dangerous chemicals. It immediately impacts animals and lasts very long, making breaking your dog from harmful habits simple.
Animals can be controlled with Jungle Pet Dog No Chew Spray.
- NO CHEW SPRAY FOR DOGS: Stop dogs and cats from chewing on surfaces where sprayed! If your puppy or cat has an issue with licking or they chew and bite surfaces...
- ANTI CHEW SPRAY FOR DOGS: An effective prevention to make sure your dogs or cats dont chew anything they're not supposed to! A chewing repellent for dogs and...
- On dogs’ skin, it is safe to apply
- The bitter taste discourages chewing
- Indoors and outdoors
- Use on wounds, hot spots, and sores
The bitter-tasting no-chew spray from Jungle Pet has some uses.
Use this pet-repellent spray without worrying about damaging your home’s furnishings, plants, trees, or even your dog’s skin.
Apply this pet-safe spray to stop your pet from licking and biting sores, hot areas, and wounds. It won’t itch or sting the skin.
Many animals dislike the strong bittering chemical; therefore, your dog will be less inclined to gnaw on that area wherever you spray it.
Anti-CheW Dog Training Spray for Pets
- Correct bad habits: The sour taste of our corrector spray will humanely keep pets from licking, biting, gnawing or chewing things like furniture, rugs, their...
- Triple the bitterness: This is stronger than other brands, which is why it works better....but don't get it in your mouth. It tastes really bitter! Wash your...
- A non-alcoholic beverage
- It has a strong bitter taste
- A human-grade bittering agent is used
- Veterinarian-recommended and formulated
- It is convenient to use
The anxiety your dog’s chewing tendencies are inflicting will disappear thanks to this anti-chew dog spray.
It’s potent and productive because it’s made with a bittering agent of human grade. This spray can be used everywhere in your home, rapidly stopping dogs from chewing.
Neither alcohol nor hazardous additives are present in this product. Due to its bitterness, it works better than comparable products.
This is a pretty simple effect to use, and it can be applied again once the effect fades.
Nature’s Vet Bitter Yuck for Outdoor Pets
- Free from alcohol
- It doesn’t leave stain marks
- Indoor and outdoor use is possible
- Veterinarians developed it
- It is safe for use on plants, furniture, and the skin of dogs
In just one lick, NaturVet Bitter Yuck anti-chew spray can make your dog lose interest in a particular item.
With its practical container, you can easily use and reapply it as necessary.
As well as being alcohol-free, it won’t damage your furniture or other items. Besides being safe for puppy paws, it can also be used on indoor and outdoor surfaces.
Additionally, the water-based formulation is perfectly safe for use on pets.
10.SynergyLabs Fooey! Bitter Ultra Spray
- All natural ingredients
- Keeps pets from chewing, licking and biting
- The taste of grapefruit skin extract is bitter
- Indoors or outdoors
- It is safe to use on dogs’ skin
- Contains no alcohol
- Keeps your belongings stain-free
Many pet parents adore the extremely bitter spray because most dogs detest the taste.
The spray contains grapefruit skin extract, making it one of the most bitter sprays you can buy for your dog. You will notice that your dog chews less,
which is an immediate result. By using this spray, you can prevent chewing damage to your house. The product works on various surfaces, both inside and outside.
It doesn’t have any fragrance, either. It is devoid of dangerous chemicals and won’t stain your priceless items.
A checklist of what to look for
Consider the surface you plan to spray an anti-chew spray on before purchasing.
Not every surface responds well to every spray. Some work indoors and outdoors, while others are better suited to the former.
Use the spray on electrical cords, furniture, shoes, carpets, and plants, among other things.
You might occasionally require an anti-chew spray to stop your dog from licking and chewing on wounds, sores, hot areas, or dry skin.
In that situation, you must choose a spray safe for your dog’s skin and avoid stinging sprays like those containing alcohol.
Is your dog having skin problems? Check out these 6 Calming Techniques for Dogs’ Dry Skin.
Amounts of ingredients
Water and a bittering agent are the essential elements to make the best and safest anti-chew sprays.
The spray will probably be less safe the more components it has.
Before buying anything for your dog, always check the ingredients list. Make sure the anti-chew spray you choose is free of chemicals and alcohol.
An anti-chew spray’s primary feature is its taste, which will deter your dog from chewing.
Most sprays contain bittering ingredients that dogs hate. However, some may not be strong enough to repel your dog.
You will then need to experiment with several sprays to determine which ones work the best.
Anti-chew sprays can deter obstinate chewers because some have more pungent bitter tastes than others.
A list of frequently asked questions
Anti-chew sprays: What do they work?
An anti-chew spray’s bitter, sour flavour can discourage your dog from chewing on your possessions.
It can be sprayed on furniture, rugs, plants, and wires so your dog won’t stop gnawing.
Your dog shouldn’t chew that item again after only one lick of the unpleasant taste.
Can dogs use anti-chew sprays?
Anti-chew aerosols are safe. They taste bitter, primarily from lemon or grape skin extract, and do not include hazardous substances.
Despite their dislike of the bitter taste, dogs are successfully deterred from destructive chewing behaviour.
An anti-chew spray is secure, besides leaving canines with an unpleasant aftertaste on their tongues. To be safe, you should always review the components list.
Are anti-chew sprays necessary?
An anti-chew spray can be required if your pet is a voracious chewer that frequently ruins your possessions.
It will control your dog’s chewing and protect your items from your pet’s teeth. If your dog only sometimes chews, chew toys may be sufficient to stop them from gnawing on other things.
Anti-chew sprays: Do they work?
Anti-chew sprays are effective in the short term but might not be a long-term fix.
Due to the flavour, they prevent dogs from chewing on things, but if you stop using the spray, your dog can start chewing once more.
As a result, while applying the anti-chew spray, you should work on praising your dog when it refrains from chewing.
Can dogs eat fruits daily?
What fruits are poisonous to dogs?
It would help if you didn’t give your pet grapes or raisins since they can harm the kidneys.
What fruits and foods should dogs not eat?
Chocolate. It is known that methylxanthines, which are stimulants present in chocolate and are highly poisonous, may hinder a dog’s metabolism. Avocados, onions, garlic, grapes, raisins, milk, other dairy products, macadamia nuts, sugary foods and beverages, and caffeine are just a few examples.
Can I give my dog vegetables?
Below is a list of vegetables that are safe and healthy for your dog:
- Beets. The nutrient-rich beet is frequently used in processed dog food. Bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, celery, green beans, peas, and other vegetables.
What are the five best vegetables for dogs?
Moreover, they contain other essential vitamins. In addition, they contain fibre that may help keep dogs regular. It is essential to know that oranges are a significant source of vitamin C.
Are boiled eggs OK for diabetic dogs?
Eggs are not only an excellent source of protein for pets, but they also don’t affect blood sugar levels negatively. What an excellent solution for diabetic canines!
You may also want to read this article, The Top Brands of Dry Dog Food
The bottom line
It might not be delightful when dogs destroy your household objects by chewing them. Even worse is when your dog starts gnawing on hazardous things like electrical lines.
The finest anti-chew sprays for dogs may help protect your pet and your items from damage. They work well against a dog’s aggressive chewing tendencies and are non-toxic.